Easy Outdoor Birthday Tent
Today I wanted to share how we put together this adorable outdoor birthday tent! It such a fun focal point to Evelyn’s party this year. And guys, it was so dang simple!
Normally I go all out on Evelyn’s birthdays. (Like her Two-tti Fruity Birthday) But this year friends, I was tired. Covid and all the craziness going on has sapped some of my usual energy. Ya feel me on that one? Thankfully this outdoor birthday tent was easy, looked amazing, and the girls had so much fun in it!
What all went into this tent you may ask? That would be easy:
- 5 2×4’s
- 2 painters drop cloth
- some nails or screws
- Blankets and decor
That’s all it takes to whip this up in your backyard for your next party or gathering.
How to assemble:
A-Frame Party Tent
This easy to construct tent makes a perfect little play area for a party or fun outdoor event.
- 5 2x4's
- 2 9x12 super stiff painters cloths
- Screws or nails
- We chose to make this tent at a 45 degree angle, meaning that you take the 4 support 2x4's and cut the ends off at a 45 degree angle.
- Next, attach them to the crossbeam. You may need a partner to help hold them while you screw them into place for this step. We used two screws for each board.
- Then, to stabilize the tent, attach a piece of wood to the center support beam and to the leg. Do this two times, one on each opposing side of the tent.
- To attach the drop cloths, we simply stapled them to the top support beam and to the legs.
- That's it! We ended up nailing eight nails along the crossbeam to attatch lights, and throwing blankets and pillows all over the inside to decorate! Use your imagination and have fun making it your own!
This canvas cloth from Amazon is similar to the one we purchased from Home Depot. I can’t find the exact one we got.
What gathering could you use this tent for?