Happy Saturday snippets friends! I know we’re only three weeks in, but I’m really loving our morning chats. Freshly brewed coffee is to my left, I can hear the kids in the living room giggling to their favorite morning cartoons, and we’re moving at a very slow pace to start the day.
Check out last week’s Saturday snippets if you need caught up!
Things I’m thinking today
- That our house is a mess. But really, honestly, when is it not? There’s always one project or another going on and the minute I say no more, and we’re taking a break . . . well, that lasts for truthfully only a minute. If you hear me grumble about it, don’t listen, because in reality I wouldn’t have it any other way. Tyrion’s room is progressing great. To keep up on the refresh, follow along on Instagram!
- Speaking of Tyrion, we’re headed to the lake to celebrate his turning 8 in a few hours. Still not sure how I have an eight year old. He was getting into my canned goods and removing all the labels only yesterday. It’s suppose to be a cool 70 on the water and although that will prevent me from swimming, I’m sure the kids will have a blast!
- I’m feeling fall deep in my bones. It’s taking everything in me not to bust out the fall decor. As soon as Tyrion’s room is finished, it’s the first thing I’m going to do.
4. The first batch of salsa is canned and ready for fall enjoyment. Hoping to get another two batches in with all the tomatoes and peppers coming off. The house smells so amazing when canning. It’s the most comforting feeling to prepare food for the next year. Here’s my tried and true recipe.
Favorites from the internet this week
Right before I got on here to chat with you, I ordered four of these mugs from Anthro. They’ve been in my cart for over a week now, and I’d almost purchased them enough times, that today I finally made the leap. They make my heart sing, and I can’t wait to add them to my fall collection.
Who else doesn’t wear their wedding ring around their house? Maybe it’s because I worked in a jewelry department for years, and I know how much wear happens to a ring during normal home living. I’ve helped people who cried as they explained they lost their diamond or saw their eyes go wide when I told them how much their prong repair was going to be. Working in jewelry ruined me.
Because I only wear my wedding ring when I go out and about, I finally purchased a set of silicone wedding bands to wear around the house. It came with 10 rings in 10 different colors. I’ve been wearing the same two since they arrived a few days ago and they’re absolutely perfect.
This set of three storage bins arrived as I was beginning this post, so I put them together quickly and they’re perfect! They’ll tuck nicely under Tyrion’s bunk bed, providing a perfect spot to store his ever-growing toy supply.
It’s officially sweatshirt weather. Sure, it may be 80 by 10 am and you have to take it off, but the crisp mornings in a sweatshirt, sipping coffee are my favorites. This inexpensive Hanes sweatshirt is perfect. I have three of them.
My Weekly Favorites
- Painted pumpkins
- Quick and simple fall decor tips
- How to attatch spiders onto your house
- DIY concrete pumpkin planter
And that’s it friends. I’m off to enjoy the weekend! See you on the flip side!