I know, this is a huge claim. Best brownies? Really Eryn? Tooting your own horn today hu? Why yes, yes I am.
This has been a recipe that I’ve played around with and tweaked for years. When Travis and I first married his favorite brownies were from a box. And while there is nothing wrong with that, this make-it-from-scratch girl was going to change his tune! Thus the best brownies ever were born.
He’s a guy that likes sweet, and I’m a rich chocolate girl. Finding the right balance in brownies can be hard. After playing with more sugar, less cocoa, and back and forth, we’ve created a brownie that’s now a family staple, and I hope you enjoy it as well!
Cocoa powder matters
One of the things not to skimp on when making brownies is a good, high quality cocoa powder. Believe me when I say, this can make or break your brownie. Chalky powders or ones that cook with an almost burnt taste simply won’t do. Splurge a bit on a high quality chocolate powder for your baking needs and it will elevate them all. I promise!
If you’ve been here for long, you know I’m an avid user of all NOW® products. Their cocoa powder is high quality, USDA organic and Non GMO product verified. I actually shared one of my favorite hot cocoa mixes I make with it in this post. I’ve been using it for years now and it’s a staple in our pantry.
Want to save on NOW products? Head over to the NOW Foods site and use code ERYNNOW10 to save $10 off a $40 or more order!*
These brownies are great for any time of the year (we make them almost weekly in our home) but they would also be a great addition to a mimosa bar like this one I created for Valentines Day. And if you end up loving these, you also need to try my sugar cookie bars with cream cheese frosting. Oh gosh friends, they are amazing. Anyhow, back to the brownies!
Best Brownies Recipe
Home Made Brownies
- Electric Mixer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips If you're a light chocolate kind of girl you can to milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup NOW Foods Official cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In saucepan melt butter and chocolate chips, once melted transfer to a Kitchen-Aid or other stand mixer.
- Add in two cups sugar, 4 eggs, and mix until combine. On low speed, slowly add in flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Once combined spoon into a parchment lined 9×12 pan. You can also skip the parchment and line the pan with butter or cooking spray, but I like to be able to remove the entire brownie from the pan and cut into smaller pieces and store easily.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Depending on your oven, you may need to adjust the cook time. Brownies are a beast to know when they’re fully cooked. No one wants under or overcooked brownies! A good rule of thumb is the brownies don’t move when you shake the pan, and the outer edges are cracking.
Depending on your oven, you may need to adjust the cook time. Be carful here! Brownies are a beast to know when they’re fully cooked. No one wants under or overcooked brownies! A good rule of thumb is the brownies don’t move when you shake the pan, and the outer edges are cracking.
When you make these, make sure to tag me over on IG so I can share in stories!
*Receive $10 off your nowfoods.com purchase of $40 or more (before taxes and shipping). Must use coupon code ERYNNOW10 in the Promotion Code field at checkout. Offer only available on nowfoods.com. Offer valid January 1, 2019 through 11:59 PM CT December 31, 2019. Some exclusions apply. Limit one coupon code per transaction. Offer cannot be used on previous purchases. NOW Health Group, Inc. has the right to end any promotion at any time.