Oh friends, this Saturday snippets is going to be filled with fall loveliness, school stuff, and all that goodness that comes with the ending of August and beginning of September.
How are we starting school in two days? I’m prepared, but not. We have all the books, the schedule is written, and truthfully, we’re all excited and ready. But still, part of me is clinging to summer and the freedom it brought, but the other part of me is excited for structure, timelines, and a pattern to our day.
It always takes a few weeks to get into the grove, so we’re giving ourselves a lot of grace in September as we adjust to the new school year. If you want to read all about our homeschool schedule, I’m doing it very similar to last year, which you can find in this post.
- I want to buy all the sweatshirts and plaids right now. I keep scrolling Pinterest for Fall Outfit Inspiration and it’s not dissapointing.
- I’ve been researching Wallace Idaho because we’re heading there the end of next month with friends. I’m on the hunt for fun things to do in that small, quaint little town. We have a silver mining tour planned, and a few other places on our list to hit.
- Fun Fact: Did you know Dante’s Peak was fillmed in Wallace Idaho? And they used the video from the Mout St. Helens explosion for their valcano sceans? Also, the “volcanic ash” in the movie was really fine newspaper shavings. Cool right? Oh the fun things I research.
- I just ordered my first Nespresso Pumpkin Spice pods of the year and it made my day.
- We finished Tyrion’s Vintage Sandlot Baseball themed room this week and I’m in LOVE! It turned out so good! See the full reveal here.
Favorites from the Internet this week
These Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting. I’ve been craving them!
This living room makes me want to paint my entire house white, and purchase new, wood furniture.
I made Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Strombolis Friday night for dinner and they were so good. As in, I could eat them for dinner every night for the next week and be excited about it good.
Now that I have a 100-year-old mantle, I’m looking for all the ways to decorate it for fall. So far, I think I’m going for something similar to this beautiful golden, brown, and green look.
And with that, I’m off to clean the house and get dinner started. I’m making a corn, zucchini chowder tonight and I’m drooling at the thought of it!